Wednesday 5 September 2012

Kindle Reader

Traveling with Kindle Reader

I was on my way to Coleman to meet a friend at Popiel’s, and while waiting for my bus, I took my Kindle reader out of my pocket. It feels so light. I have more than 150 eBooks right in my Kindle which is always ready for me to read in case that I need them for reference. With a few ounces, I am able to carry my mini library anywhere I go. To me, it is the best feature that I am getting out of my Kindle, which is also my number one reason for acquiring it.

After pressing a few buttons, I started reading A Touch of Deceit by Gary Ponzo which I downloaded a few minutes ago. It didn’t take long. The download process took less than 60 seconds after selecting the book from Amazon website. I didn’t even have to look for Wi-Fi connection since it is getting its signal from cellphone networks. With Wi-Fi and 3G enabled, downloading eBook is done anywhere and anytime without paying for anything on my part, but the cost of the eBook.

My bus came and I pressed a button to turn it off. I slipped my Kindle back to my pocket and after I took a sit inside the bus, I pulled it out again. The moment after I switched it on, I was back from where I left off.

Kindle reader has an amazing feature called Whispersync. It lets you download an eBook once, and have copies of it on all your devices. The Whispersync synchronizes your books, bookmarks, annotations, and highlights on your Kindle, iPad, laptop, smartphone, and desktop. You are able to pick up the last thing that you read from one device to another. This feature is a great help for me since there are books that I use for my own research. To have the research material synchronized on my desktop, I am able to create a document about it from my desktop without having to turn on my Kindle for my reference.

I started reading chapter 3 of A Touch of Deceit. It will take about 30 minutes before I reach Coleman and it’s a great relief that I have a device to entertain me during the ride.

Kindle reader doesn’t tire my eyes easily. It is also one of the major considerations why I purchased Kindle even if I already own an iPad and a laptop. It comes with e-Ink technology that removes glare from the screen, making it so gentle to the eyes that will allow you to read for hours without causing any strain on your eyes. The display looks so much like pages from a paperback that you can read even under direct sunlight.

I will be staying for a few days at Coleman but I never had to worry about bringing my Kindle charger. There’s really no need for that since Kindle’s battery lasts for 2 months if you are going to use it for an average of 30 minutes per day. Even if I read for 5 hours a day for 3 days, which I doubt, I can still use it without having to recharge its battery.

Traveling with Kindle is a great experience. If you are looking for a reading device that will give you a lot of convenience and comfort, I strongly suggest that you get a Kindle.

Additional Resources:
Kindle Reader
Kindle
Kindle Reader Reviews
Kindle Fire in Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment